Was server access restricted on latest Minecraft update for bedrock? (Switch)

TheRhinestoneCowboy

TheRhinestoneCowboy

MVP
peacefrog11
MVP
We have an older Switch and I used to be able to connect to Towncraft on it but now I can only go to Nintendo’s “featured servers”. I just accepted an update so am guessing they patched out a really cool bonus feature for Switch owners. Thankfully we still have two PCs and two Java accounts.

Doodle

Doodle

Doodler
Vanguard
owofox
Vanguard
Man if this is true that sucks. I have been trying to get Towncraft on my and my sister's switch because she likes bedrock more than java and would play more. Minecraft should just let us choose our own servers...

AzzyOwO

AzzyOwO

Vanguard
AzzyTheCat
Vanguard
Catlandia · ㅤㅤㅤh-hewwo! Mah name's Azzy :3
Website
ImAnoob.org
We have an older Switch and I used to be able to connect to Towncraft on it but now I can only go to Nintendo’s “featured servers”. I just accepted an update so am guessing they patched out a really cool bonus feature for Switch owners. Thankfully we still have two PCs and two Java accounts.
I mean like, I'm able to access other servers on bedrock and I'm using a switch in the latest update. Not really sure of my standing when it comes to like being an 'older switch' or not. I googled it and got nothing, it seems like an issue on your side.

TheRhinestoneCowboy

TheRhinestoneCowboy

MVP
peacefrog11
MVP
I mean like, I'm able to access other servers on bedrock and I'm using a switch in the latest update. Not really sure of my standing when it comes to like being an 'older switch' or not. I googled it and got nothing, it seems like an issue on your side.
Around 2 years ago they had released a new Switch with better battery life, (right before Christmas) apparently the newer ones you couldn’t enter a server ip address but the one we got you could. Now I can’t.

TheRhinestoneCowboy

TheRhinestoneCowboy

MVP
peacefrog11
MVP
I mean like, I'm able to access other servers on bedrock and I'm using a switch in the latest update. Not really sure of my standing when it comes to like being an 'older switch' or not. I googled it and got nothing, it seems like an issue on your
I don’t think IP addresses can be entered on consoles.
You were able to before, I’ve played on Towncraft on Switch.

Doodle

Doodle

Doodler
Vanguard
owofox
Vanguard
Yea whats up with that we can add a server to the list and play on it on Minecraft: Windows 10 edition why cant we in Minecraft for Nintendo Switch for quite some time now
Agreed, if I was able to have TC on my switch I’d be on a lot more, I just don’t have the time to sit down at my computer anymore really.

ScriptJunkie

ScriptJunkie

Owner
ScriptJunkie
Guardian
Players use switch all the time to connect to TC. I'm sure there is a hacky way to get it working but i am not entirely sure how it works.

TheRhinestoneCowboy

TheRhinestoneCowboy

MVP
peacefrog11
MVP
You are right, its not that hacky really. I go to Galaxite server from the main menu that shows joinable servers, and from there you can get a prompt to enter a server manually. It is possible, I was on a few days ago! I can post a screenshot this evening of the screen where you type in the server address.

Doodle

Doodle

Doodler
Vanguard
owofox
Vanguard
Players use switch all the time to connect to TC. I'm sure there is a hacky way to get it working but i am not entirely sure how it works.
Yeah its kinda weird the way you do it and idk tech much so idk WHY it works for some people but from my exoerience its only old switches, mines a 2021 and it wont work